Friday, January 16, 2009

phranakorn-nornlen

The door opens and I'm immediately transported into a place of calm. Incense washes over me, green and water surrounds me, rich colors are everywhere, and I'm immediately given a glass of fresh cold herbal tea.
I'm in Bangkok, and I think I must be staying in the coolest place in the whole world. I'm so relaxed, I don't even want to leave to see the actual city! Its a bed and breakfast nestled in a city alley. Passing by, you would never imagine what was inside. I came in at 2 in the morning after a long day of sitting in city traffic, more standing in lines, and sitting again in the air. So, to walk into this place was a treat for the senses.
My room is complete with burning candles, homemade soap that smells awesome, complementary tea for detoxation, and a CD collection labeled morning, afternoon, and evening so that my life can be a soundtrack while I am here. On the roof is a garden, and the view looks straight toward an enormous Buddha that takes up a whole city block.
So, to say the least, I am enjoying myself. The only thing that is missing is my husband!


It feels similar to what you imagine living in Venice would be like. From my balcony this morning, I was able to get a shot of the neighbor washing her clothes.
This is the free internet cafe. See those pillows? That's where you get massages. At one point, I was skyping Geoff on the computer, and behind me was the garden filled with incense, on the other side of me was a waterfall, and in front of me were two people getting massages. Amazing.

This place is way too sexy to be alone.