Tuesday, September 30, 2008

signs of greatness

"A great man
shows his greatness
by how he treats little men."

Geoff and I were making the 10 hour trip back to Davao along winding roads, mountains, and coastlines. We had been driving all day when we came up behind an 18wheeler with messages printed on its mud flaps. Behind the right tires, this statement was printed in large multicolored English. Please...read it again...just to humor me!

"A great man
shows his greatness
by how he treats little men."

My jaw literally dropped and I busted out laughing saying, "Does that...say...what I think...it says?" The other mud flaps were labeled with bible verses about the fruit of the spirit. Wow, I'm hoping something was lost in translation because if this guy really means what he's saying, then he has really missed the point.

No comments: