Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Little Girl

Can I just say that I love my little girl? I am hiding in my office trying to produce chapters of academic ethnomusicological writings, and in the midst of deep thought I hear in the background, "Cheese? Cheese? Oh boy! Cheese!!" Amidst all the other hats I wear, I am also the mother of an almost 2 year old, and she is absolutely wonderful (most of the time!). She is currently into copycat-ing. This means that if Mommy is cooking, she must cook. If Mommy is sitting with her legs crossed, she must sit with her legs cross. If Mommy is wearing a blue scarf, well, the picture speaks for itself. The scary part is, what else is she copycat-ing from me? What mannerisms will she have for life? And the plague of every teenage girl, "You look just like your mother!" Of course, now I'm honored to be like my mother. Hopefully, she will be too.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We miss Ariel!! She is growing to be an absolutely beautiful little girl. Please give her a hug from the Tresches. Is she still dancing?